Tough but Compassionate Family Law for Chicago-Area Residents
Chicago Family Law Attorneys
Attorneys in Chicago and Northbrook provide counsel and representation in divorce and other essential family law matters
The Law Offices of Michael P. Doman, Ltd. provides Windy City and other North Shore residents with smart counsel and tenacious representation across a range of family legal matters, particularly those relating to family finances. The firm’s principal, Michael P. Doman, has served as a divorce and family law trial attorney for more than 25 years, holds a master of laws in taxation and has maintained a lifelong interest in accounting and financial matters.
Our goal is to provide you with courteous, direct counsel and service. We are committed to making ourselves accessible and to keeping you informed on our strategy whenever there’s a development in your case. We are known for our effective trial presentation and work hard to anticipate your counter party’s every move. Our trial experience gives us an advantage over many family law attorneys who never see the inside of a court. And hiring a trial lawyer lets your counter party know just how serious you are about advancing your arguments.
We protect your best interests in a wide range of matters, from allocation of parental responsibilities and the complex division of marital assets to orders of protection.
The Law Offices of Michael P. Doman, Ltd. is committed to protecting and asserting your rights in family law and related financial matters. Among the areas we handle most:
- Divorce — We provide tough and effective representation in divorce and related matters, including spousal maintenance (alimony) and the distribution of marital property, including such assets as vacation homes, family businesses and assets in pensions and non-qualified deferred compensation plans.
- Allocation of parental responsibilities — We help you negotiate all aspects of allocation of parental responsibilities, including custody orders, parenting time rights and parenting plans.
- Child support — The state gives the courts a formula to follow, but we know where the court has discretion and can help you with legal child support strategies that ensure payments are fair and tax-efficient.
- Civil unions — Civil unions are handled nearly identically to divorce.
- Orders of protection — We help victims of domestic abuse and violence obtain orders of protection and emergency orders of protection.
- Premarital and postnuptial agreements — Premarital and postnuptial agreements are sensible ways to ensure certain issues and assets will be handled in the event of either a partner’s death or the dissolution of your marriage or civil union.
- Paternity rights — Unwed parents have a right to establish the paternity of a child born out of wedlock.
Retain a lawyer who will commit to your best interests
The Law Offices of Michael P. Doman, Ltd. pledges to fight for your best interests tenaciously and discreetly. We understand the emotional components of family law and provide you with perspective as we focus on the financial and other life-changing aspects of your case. To put a smart, experienced and effective attorney on your side, call us at 847.897.5288 or contact us online to schedule your appointment today.
Also serving those in Lake and Cook Counties.